You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
In line with our continued growth, Long O Donnell is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead and deliver projects as well as manage and develop our engineering/mechanical framework agreements. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be working on projects UK wide with a base in either our Northwich or Northampton office.
About the Opportunity.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be joining our existing team, to:
- Liaise with Clients in respect of the work being completed and any appropriate third parties.
- Undertake hazardous area calculations to IGEM/SR/25 and manage updated hazardous area drawings.
- Provide technical input into main works invitations to tender, orders, projects, and tasks in the most timely and efficient manner;
- Prepare technical specifications and associated documentation in line with industry specifications (TD1, TD5 etc.).
- Liaise with CAD team to produce drawings as per specifications;.
- Provide technical advice to Long O'Donnell Associates and / or other members of the project services team where appropriate.
- Engineer projects during the engineering, procurement and construction phases.
- Audit work carried out by others including outsourced contractors.
- Develop and ensure the application of project quality management systems.
- Resource planning.
- Provide management responsibilities input for allocated discipline to LOD including.
- Provide support to bids.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a similar Senior/Lead Mechanical Engineer capacity, ideally within the energy, oil, gas, petrochemical or water sectors;
- Experience of providing technical advice within the company or to project teams as appropriate;
- A degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate Engineering discipline;
- Membership to an appropriate professional body and evidence of continual professional development is highly beneficial;
- A flexible approach and the capability to work successfully within a fast paces environment whilst maintaining a sense of humour;
- Previous experience of managing/leading a team of multi-disciplined personnel is highly beneficial.
Location: To be based out of either our Northwich or Northampton office with travel across the UK as required.
How to Apply.
To apply, please send a copy of your recent CV and cover letter to for review or contact Sarah Derricutt on (phone number removed) for more information.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Long O'Donnell Associates
The job: has been sent to: