You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The core purpose of the role is ensuring that best Civil engineering design practices are applied within the office and to assist the Directors with improving design services and operational efficiency.
In addition, maintain the existing client base as well as generate new clients and areas of work.
Delivery of a high standard of civil engineering consultancy services and contributing to the continued growth of the business including but not limited to;
• The output of civil engineering work of the company including site work and report writing.
• Civil engineering services including Highways to relevant council standards, Drainage to sewers for adoption to 6 & 7th addition, and BRE digest and CIRA design guides.
• Design access statements to local design standards.
• Review of site investigations/surveys and reports relating to pavement design
• Project management including the preparation of quotations for professional services and investigations, scheduling of work for delivery on time/budget/quality.
• Development of the civil engineering section of company, including marketing and developing services within this sector and assisting development of other services provided by the company.
• Continuing Professional development of self and staff working within your field of expertise, maintaining CPD records necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
• Training and development of junior staff within the company and within the area of your own expertise
• Assisting the company directors in improving company efficiency, technical systems, specifications etc.
• Preparation of fee quotations for approval of directors.
• Planning and management of civil engineering design services and related work - ensuring delivery to time and budget.
• Adhering to all company systems, procedures, work instructions.
• All other reasonable instructions from directors.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
General educational experience
▪ Degree level and above.
▪ Relevant chartered status
Working Knowledge of
▪ Report writing
▪ Site investigations
▪ Civil engineering design
▪ Foundation design
▪ Slope stability
▪ AutoCad/Civils 3D
▪ Contract law
▪ Contaminated land investigation/remediation
▪ Highway engineering
Skills / Abilities / Competencies
▪ Proven ability to meet and exceed turnover targets
▪ Working to timescales and within budgets
▪ Preparation of specifications, tender and contract documents
▪ Skilled in basic administration.
▪ Team management
▪ Document control
▪ Organised and thorough in approach.
▪ Skilled in verbal communication.
▪ Skilled in written communication.
▪ Skilled with maths / figures.
▪ Full clean driving licence
▪ Proven achievement in face to face client and approving authority meetings and associated work.
Personal Qualities & Disposition
▪ Self Motivated
▪ Passionate & success driven
▪ Team player
▪ Access to transport for use during working hours.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: