You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Solihull, West Midlands
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with a wide variety of experience within mechanical handling equipment and the conveyor systems market. Automotive logistic conveyors system would be a great advantage.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Technical Engineer.
The main responsibility will be to support the lead technical engineer in all engineering aspects of all projects. This will commence with the development of project layout & concepts and shall include the ownership and control of master layouts, in collaboration with the lead ensure design risk assessments are completed with mechanical & electrical input and progress the design to completion by co-ordination with in-house & external design engineers. This must be done under the lead of the lead engineer and by integrating with project managers to deliver multiple mechanical handling installations and solutions throughout the UK and potentially in Europe.
You will need to be a team player but also able to work autonomously with a hard-working ethic. There may be occasions where you will be asked to run your own project if required.
You will have a good technical background/knowledge with strong mechanical handling/conveyor systems knowledge. There may be a requirement to attend site to help determine the root cause of technical issues and assist with the problem-solving process.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical design engineering in multi discipline project is preferable; with a dynamic approach and excellent interpersonal skills.
* Conveyors and mechanical handling within the automotive industry and other industrial environments. Preferably in roller conveyors, overhead monorails systems, floor conveyors and similar equipment as well as general mechanical handling equipment
* Having the ability to deliver multiple projects, often simultaneously
* Outstanding project delivery
* Have the ability to problem solve, undertake layout design, GA Layouts and detail design, undertake engineering calculations
* Manage and control documents (drawings, calculations etc.) to ensure correct dissemination of information
* Understanding the need to communicate and escalate matters to senior management, within and outside of the organisation.
* Willing to work nationally and internationally
* Driven with progression in mind
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
* Experience of automotive conveyor systems, automation, robotics, Body in White assembly, Trim and Final assembly, special purpose machines, handling systems
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* A confident and determined approach
* A high degree of self-motivation and drive
* The ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Hand Calculations
* Able to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
* Use of AutoCAD, 3D CAD modelling/detailing. Inventor
* Finite element analysis – Solid works, Inventor.
* Problem solving skills
* Good understanding of design and the project phases.
* Ideally a HND / HNC in mechanical engineering or a suitable degree
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: