You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Scientific Instrumentation
A world leader in the development of scientific instrumentation are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Scientific Instrumentation to join their multi-disciplinary R&D department near Beaconsfield. The role purpose is to design the opto-mechanical and opto-electronic products from concept generation whilst continuing to provide support to manufacture when required throughout the development process.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Scientific Instrumentation job:
• Detailed design from concept stage through to manufacture
• Component design, mechanism design and subassembly design
• Building and evaluating prototypes
• Project planning, estimating and liaising with external suppliers
• Leading more junior team members and delegating tasks
Key skills/experience required for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Scientific Instrumentation job:
• Experience of precision mechanism design and enclosure design
• Knowledge of machining, sheet metal, plastics moulding manufacturing processes and materials and castings
• Knowledge of a 3D CAD package – SolidWorks is used but others considered
• Experience in the development of optical products would be very beneficial
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Scientific Instrumentation to play a lead role in the development of complex analytical instrumentation, with a company that invest heavily in their R&D department.
To apply for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Scientific Instrumentation role please send your CV or call Laura on (phone number removed) for more information, otherwise we always welcome the opportunity to discuss other engineering jobs.
Visit and follow Redline Group
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Redline Group Ltd
The job: has been sent to: