You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Test Technician
Duties will include Mech Lab work (tests & preparation), must have good written and communication skills and ideally have relevant experience.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
* Planning and executing internal mechanical testing projects and external DNV GL certified qualification projects to agreed deadlines.
* Carrying out sample preparation, machining and mechanical testing according to standard test procedures on composite materials for Industrial and Wind Energy applications.
* Communicating project/programme progress.
* Preparing test reports and/or full technical reports.
* Qualitative and quantitative interpretation of results, possibly with some statistical analysis.
* Developing in-depth knowledge of the specific test standards used and how composite materials perform.
* Contributing to the health, safety and environmental running of the laboratories.
* You will have an Engineering or Materials Science based degree or be an experienced technician with relevant BTEC or HNC wishing to develop their experience further.
* An understanding of machining and mechanical testing techniques is essential.
* Knowledge of materials science and/or understanding of mechanical behaviour of composite materials.
* Good observational skills with the ability to qualitatively and quantitatively interpret data and make scientific inferences.
* You must be an effective communicator and team worker.
* You must have good report writing skills.
* You must be able to use Excel and Word to present technical
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: