You can save this job and apply at a later date.
The Process Engineer for Effluent Treatment System writes the system documents containing all the information on the design and the operation of their systems (description, sizing, P&ID and I&C). They are responsible for writing the system design manuals (description, sizing, P&ID and I&C) and updating them, in compliance with the engineering rules, methodologies and tools. They will support across multiple systems in the team.
Based on the specification for the system, the Pre Construction Safety Report (PCSR) and the engineering guidelines, the system engineer:
Prepares the System Design Manual:
- Describes the system, its role and missions (including the safety missions)
- Carries out the operational design of the system
- Carries out the sizing for the system and its components
- Drives the 2D mechanical diagram designer for the production of the Process & Instrumentation Diagrams and the population of components attributes in 2D mechanical diagram tool. Checks the technical consistency of the latter
- Writes the I&C requirements and prepares functional diagrams for the data input into the I&C tools related to the project
- Writes the I&C tests procedures
- Populates all the ”system” databases
Reviews all relevant FA3 input data and implements the lesson learnt from other EPR projects (FA3, OL3, TSN) or KONVOI design
Establishes/updates the safety classification of the components of the system
Update the PCSR (Pre Construction Safety Report) chapter related to their system
Ensures the proper integration of the P&ID in the 3D model (verifies the 2D/3D consistency)
Supports the Equipment Engineer to survey the documents produced by the equipment suppliers
Manages modifications related to the system:
- Receives the change requests issued by the various external parties
- Verifies the consistency of these modifications, systematically challenges their necessity
- Provides information for the decision on the modification implementation prior to including them in the system documentation
- Develops technical solutions and presents them to the client to help resolve their technical issues
- Consults with the client
These activities are performed in interaction with departments based near Paris.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
EPR system and I&C design. Knowledge on safety studies and nuclear operation is a bonus
Software and tools: Microsoft Word/Excel, 3D viewer.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: