You can save this job and apply at a later date.
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
“Fantastic career development opportunity for degree educated Senior Mechanical Engineer with team leadership experience”.
C£(phone number removed) + Bonus + Benefits
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree level educated and ambitious Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead the plant maintenance and engineering team of a market leader.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead a mechanical maintenance team and will be responsible for:
- Managing and motivating their team ensuring coordination and cooperation between departments (production, process, maintenance, procurement, senior management).
- Ensuring the execution and completion of maintenance work carried out on mechanical equipment with the highest level of safety, quality and effectiveness at minimum cost to maximise equipment operational availability.
- Applying preventative and predictive maintenance practices and contribute to plant improvements including ensuring quality control of maintenance undertaken by sub-contractors (working closely with suppliers, technical centre, and head office).
- Ensuring sustainable performance which is aligned to plant objectives, values and behaviours.
- Definition of the medium and long-term strategy for plant maintenance.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Must understand both engineering and broader business principles.
- Highly proficient in engineering maintenance systems such as Maximo (or similar) and also ERP systems such as SAP or JDE, Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
- NEBOSH or IOSH would be highly advantageous.
- At least five years team leadership, motivation and people development experience ideally gained within the process/heavy industry sector.
- Technical knowledge of industrial raw materials, processing and maintenance management.
- Knowledge of ISO Standards and certification process.
- Financial management and budget control.
- Track record of transformational cultural change, leading by example: innovative, inspirational and energising.
- Excellent ability to organise and construct the development of a strong team, coaching and building their performance, setting and delivering measurable results.
- Ability to grasp big-picture and key details simultaneously: anticipating barriers and resolving challenges, achieving things collaboratively.
- High personal integrity and credibility.
- A personality which challenges conventional solutions –a Continuous Improvement Agent.
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people. Relocation assistance will also be considered.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The Martin Veasey Partnership
The job: has been sent to: