You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our Client is a world-class innovation, design and product development team with a driven purpose to design a better world, and a strong track record of delivering successful products and experiences for clients in medical, consumer and industrial sectors. To support the growth and ambition of the business, they are looking for a project manager to lead our multidisciplinary projects. We are looking for an experienced individual who will enjoy the challenge of working across several projects to help deliver excellence to our clients, on time and within budget. This role will require close integration with all the different areas of expertise at their work station and therefore should be a good communicator, with the ability to understand the challenges of the different projects.
The team is intelligent, hard-working, fun, non-egocentric, and collaborate brilliantly together to produce effective results, working with some of the biggest, best and most interesting clients you’ll find anywhere. They are also highly successful, growing to 75 people, from their origins as a product design consultancy to the multi-expertise team they are today, encompassing Research, Innovation, Human Factors, Digital, Product & Packaging Design, Engineering, Prototyping, and Electronics & Software.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with product development experience (preferably medical devices), who will take a lead role in project delivery within the engineering team.
- 1st or Upper 2nd, Masters degree in mechanical engineering
Essential Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- 10+ years’ hands on engineering experience in product development
- Design from concept through to manufacture of mechanical systems and products
- A focus on the use of engineering principles and analysis techniques
- Project management including mentoring and directing other team members
- Strong commercial understanding from a company and client perspective
- Client relationship management and development; ideally consultancy experience
- Understanding and working within cross discipline teams (i.e. alongside industrial design, electronics and software, prototyping etc)
- Presentation skills including written and verbal communication skills
Other Relevant Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will also have experience in a wide range of engineering processes including:
- Mechanism design
- Analysis of static, dynamic, fluid or thermodynamic systems
- Design for manufacture including materials selection using manufacturing processes such as injection moulding, machining, sheet metal, forming
- Tolerance analysis, design specification & 2D drawings.
- Experience using CAD packages, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience in risk management process to ISO14971 and use of FMEA and Fault Tree
- Essential Personal Qualities
- Bright, organised, personable, enthusiastic, pragmatic, team player
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: