You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
We are looking for a skilled and experienced time served Maintenance Technician for one of our clients based in Liverpool. The role will be responsible for overseeing a crush and refinery plant. The Maintenance Engineer will maintain the reliable operations of the process plants, through working within a dedicated plant area upon rotation. You will perform multi-skilled maintenance tasks covering, reactive, preventative and predictive maintenance as required. The position holder will propose improvement in maintenance job plans and procedures in keeping with quality, safety and hygiene standards to ensure a reliable and consistent operation. Troubleshooting and problem analysis skills are essential, as is working closely and communicating effectively with production teams to ensure daily goals are achieved.
- Complete all maintenance tasks to a precision standard in a safe, professional and accountable manner
- Raise work orders for found defect in the Maximo computerised maintenance management system and on completion of allocated tasks ensure Maximo is updated
- Work to ensure equipment reliability improvement plans to optimise performance of ‘bad actors’
- Act with ownership to build effective working relationships with process operators to support them with known maintenance issues
- Support with plant shutdowns and being flexible to help with scheduled and unscheduled maintenance shutdowns
- Manager contractors in a safe manner so work is completed safely and to a high standard
- Provide support for unplanned maintenance repairs
- Provide out of hours support for plant emergency down time as part of a designated rota
- Investigate the root cause of failures to prevent recurrence of the issue
- Attend the daily engineering meeting and engage in proactive and positive team discussions, proposing solutions
- Seek to continuously improve asset reliability through the use of Lean tools such as 5S, 5Y, Kaizen and other tools as necessary
- Proactively use new techniques and systems to reduce asset failure, including but not limited to, pulse echo vibration analysis, Infrared thermography, stroboscopic inspection and oil analysis
- Ensure risk assessments and pre-job hazard analysis are undertaken for all work and ensure all permits are correctly issued, approved and signed on to and signed off each day
- Help develop standard working procedures for job plans
- Active and committed participation in behavioural based safety programmes and ensure that any near misses or incidents are reported
- Time served/ apprenticeship experience with a mechanical bias in skill set
- HNC or equivalent or qualified by experience
- Basic electrical, instrumentation and automation skills and awareness of 17th edition regulations
- Fundamental precision maintenance and reliability on heavy industrial plant assets such as: motors, welding, pneumatics and hydraulics, valves, pumps and seals, belt/bucket conveyor and elevator maintenance, steam and air compressor systems, gearboxes and drive transmission systems (pulleys, belts, couplings, chain drives etc.)
- Experience in the Chemical industry is preferred
- Experience of predictive technologies - vibration monitoring, oil analysis, thermal imaging, ultrasound etc.
- A focus on safety at all times, certification to work at heights, rigging and slinging training and working in confined spaces is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of important legislative requirement in plants i.e. Food Safety, ATEX/DSEAR and Environmental permits
- Knowledge of using a Computerised Maintenance Management System, Maximo preferred
- Understanding of fault finding/ Root Cause Analysis tools
- Able to work safely in time pressured situations
- Able to work in a team and independently with a proactive, hands on ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: