You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Salary: £highly competitive + valuable benefits
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded structural engineer to join an enthusiastic team delivering a large scope of investigatory services to a wide range of clients across the UK with the UK’s number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, we are a leading provider of infrastructure testing and inspection solutions. Our structural investigation business unit undertakes a range of services in the inspection of concrete, masonry and steel across a range of structures including buildings, bridges and culverts. We now need a qualified structural engineer who has the ability to technically support a growing team and has the commercial experience to spot opportunities and procure additional sales for SOCOTEC UK.
- Assist with and compile interpretative reports for our investigation team
- Tender project enquiries and liaise directly with clients to secure opportunities
- Be required to attend technical client meetings, visit sites nationally and support our operational teams
- Offer guidance and advice to our junior engineers
We’re looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also have:
- A formal structural engineering degree (2:1 or higher)
- Industry experience and be knowledgeable of buildings forensics, change of use and highways/ rail assets
- Strong commercial acumen with regards to the construction industry
- Ideally based in either the West Midlands (Oldbury area) or West London (Uxbridge area)
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
With over 100 years of history, SOCOTEC is the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, we put people at the heart of what we do, employing more than 1400 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
Think you’ve got what it takes to add value to our success?
SOCOTEC is an equal opportunities employer.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
SOCOTEC UK Limited
The job: has been sent to: