You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Civil Infrastructure Technician
First People Solutions are currently working alongside one of the UK’s leading Consulting Engineers to recruit for an experienced Civil Infrastructure Technician to join their busy Glasgow practice on a permanent basis.
Our client are a reputable medium sized consulting engineering firm that has created a well-known image for their delivery of an extensive range multi-disciplinary services across the UK construction market. The company are recognised for their strong market awareness and actively engaging in the ever-changing built environment to deliver some of the country’s largest and complex projects.
By undertaking the role of Civil Infrastructure Technician you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects across a range of sectors including; retail, residential, commercial, renewable and waste sectors.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
* Producing and amending technical drawings using appropriate design software
* Overseeing the preparation of detailed designs and detailing including roads and drainage, levels and earthworks and external works
* Developing 3D drawings and implement 3D co-ordination into the current design practices
* Co-ordinating site investigations with external advisers and co-ordinate resulting correspondence between parties
* Assisting at project site visits and performing tasks as required such as; attending meetings, monitoring work against specifications, proving onsite instruction with regard to the technical drawings
* Assisting colleagues across all other discipline and providing support to junior colleagues when required
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
* Hold a HNC/HND qualification or equivalent in relevance to an Engineering Technician
* Previous experience in a consultancy environment in a similar Civil Engineering role
* Strong practical experience of AutoCAD within the buildings sector, Revit would be a distinct advantage
* Experience using PDS, Microdrainage and Civils 3D
* Strong communication skills to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders
This role offers the opportunity of excellent career progression alongside a structured training programme whilst working on a range of complex and challenging projects across the country.
If you are interested in this role please apply online, or please call Aimee Watt on (phone number removed) if you require more information.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
First People Solutions
The job: has been sent to: