You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Principal Drainage & Infrastructure Engineer
£45,000 - £50,000 +benefits
I am looking for a Principal Engineer to join an engineering Drainage and Infrastructure team in London. The primary technical skills required are good drainage design including foul, surface water, SUDs, below ground building drainage and pumping stations. You will have a thorough knowledge of the planning and adoption processes and be fully conversant with Microdrainage and/or other similar packages and the ability to manage and coordinate statutory authority diversions. You must be capable of running a small project team. Experience of preparing flood risk assessments would be an advantage.
Reporting to an Associate/Technical Director, you will support them in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* There are various duties and responsibilities central to the role and these will assist you in reaching your full potential;
* To work as part of a team delivering high quality engineering designs and drawings
* To produce engineering designs, drawings and specifications in accordance with the Company’s management systems
* Supervision of design staff, checking of design calculations, drawings and specifications prepared by others
* To keep abreast of industry best practice and new developments in own area of technical expertise
* To assist in setting and maintaining technical standards
* To comply with the Company’s safety and IMS procedures
* To review and approve work prepared by others
To perform your role as a Principal Engineer, you will also be expected to demonstrate a number of competencies, as detailed below;
* Business & Financial Management
* Business Development
* Project Management
* Team Working & Communication
* Health & Safety
* Degree qualified Chartered Engineer in a relevant discipline, or an Engineer with lower qualifications but a minimum 7 years relevant experience
* Shall have a good commercial awareness
* Have the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your skills
* Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
* Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
* Ability to work on your own initiative and motivate others
* Be reliable and have a responsible attitude to work
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/01269
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: