You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Automation Technician/ Maintenance Technician role in leading multinational medical devices company based in Waterford City. Report to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of this role is to maintain automation equipment in line with health & safety, operational and quality work instructions, procedures and policies to ensure the production of quality product in a timely, safe, efficient and compliant manner.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- To maintain automation equipment in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
- Lead and implement process improvements to achieve more efficient operations, while adhering to change management and cGMP requirements.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Cross Train technicians as required.
- Flexible to travel to support new equipment buy-offs / training
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
The ideal candidate will have :-
- The successful candidate will have Level 6, Level 7 or Level 8 HETAC qualification in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical / Automation Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or similar.
- Qualified trades personnel with industrial experience will also be considered.
- Experience in high volume automation / robotics required.
- Experience in a Healthcare medical device manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems, Ultrasonic welding, workshop machining desirable.
- Understanding of Process Capability.
- Understanding of MSA or GR&R.
- Experience in leading process improvement projects in medical device environment.
- Experience in FAT, SAT, IOPQ of automated assembly lines
- Systematic & structured troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Adherence to change management procedures and cGMP requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High level of safe working practices and awareness.
- Computer literate with MS Office skills.
Role is based on Shift. Please contact Claire Grogan for a discussion on same
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.