You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Engineer (FM)
Kier Workplace Services, Ipswich is looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer, who will report to the Contract Manager. The successful post-holder will be responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive callouts and minor installation works on all mechanical and HVAC associated equipment.
* Provide maintenance services for buildings, plant and services in compliance with health and safety and other regulatory requirements.
* Provide efficient, cost effective and compliant service delivery to meet business and customer satisfaction.
* Maintain and promote positive relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers through effective communications and delivery of service.
* Ensure work is delivered in accordance with legislation, client and business. expectations and professional standards.
* Deliver services within professional and contractual conduct and performance.
* Complete records, documentation and reports as appropriate, ensure information is submitted through appropriate channel for appropriate authorisation.
* Contribute to creation and updating of the Planned Maintenance plan.
* Undertake implementation of Minor Works and projects.
* Provide advice on Environmental Conditions, impacts and Energy Management.
* Assist in the re-engineering of business & technical processes and embrace use of new technologies.
* Participate when required in internal and external Quality/Environmental audits.
* Partake in out of hours cover for site as required by the role, currently one week in four.
* Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be required from time to time to ensure service delivery and the wider Kier business objectives.
* Ensure that all facilities, workspaces and rooms are kept tidy and that storage of materials is in accordance with appropriate Health & Safety requirements.
* Maintain health and safety standards in the department and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
* Work safely utilising appropriate safe working practices, including the safe use of tools, equipment, plant and machinery associated with the job.
* Take care of health & safety of self, other persons and resources.
* Carry out all duties which you are competent to do in a safe manner and in no circumstances attempt to carry out such tasks if you are not.
* Monitor sub contractors, both in and out of hours.
* Carry out duties in compliance with business requirements.
* Demonstrate an understanding of processes, systems and routines in the job.
* Have an understanding of HTM/codes of practise requirements required for different services (L8 for example), along with the CP roles attached to the HTM’s.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* The job requires evidence of technical ability including accreditation appropriate for the trade and service to be provided.
* Help maintain appropriate accreditation by ensuring that all work is delivered in accordance with policy and procedures.
* Have completed a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent scheme in either a mechanical or Electrical discipline.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer
Let’s shape your world together
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: