You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Design Engineer - Avionics
Cobham Special Missions has a requirement for an Avionics Design Engineer. The Avionics Engineer will be working on Supporting a Fleet of Specialized Mission Systems Aircraft and special mission equipment.
Design and drafting of circuit layouts and diagrams, electrical assemblies, systems and harnesses and the compilation of associated documentation for the design of changes to aircraft electrical/avionic systems and for new components/systems.
Shall manage all design phases of technical projects and manage scheduling, estimating and completion of design data. They shall conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare reports for the DO leadership and Project Managers. They also provide engineering guidance to other departments, help to train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
Work with customers and suppliers and integrate with Marketing, sales and project management.
Compilation of design and certification data.
Providing working design solutions to technical problems with the minimum of supervision.
Check Signatory for Avionics/Electrical drawings and certification reports.
Generating design concepts and supporting the design engineers in the execution of the design and certification packages.
Provide support to the PDE or SDE for design reviews.
Supporting production and installation engineers in matters relating to projects
The prime location is the Cobham Aviation Services facility located at Hurn, Christchurch.
As a Avionics Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience in the design of systems, subsystems, equipment and electronic assemblies used in an airborne environment, including Loom / Cable / Harness design, PCB packaging and Black box design.
- Production of design schemes in the form of schematics and block diagrams, generating detailed drawings to support product development and manufacture.
- Preparing and managing drawings, associated documents and supporting calculations and ensuring that drawings and documentation meet customer requirements and relevant standards
- Document / drawing management software
- Experience with the design of products for aircraft systems and associated regulatory environment including, but not limited to design for TEMPEST/EMC, RoHS/WEEE compliance.
- Awareness / Experience in the following areas:
- Civil Aerospace - associated processes / specifications / standards.
- Military - associated processes / specifications / standards.
- Systems design and designing to requirements.
- Hardware design / PCB design.
As a Avionics Design Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work
- Progress avionic design elements of a project as an activity integrated with all other design inputs from within an integrated project team, in order to develop the compliant design solution.
- Leading small design teams when required
- Application of discipline domain knowledge to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies on time, within budget and with required quality
- Continued development of discipline competence and expertise
- Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, LCM and regulatory requirements
- Identification of opportunities for improvement in discipline processes, practices and tools
- Collaboration with other project team members to address project requirements
- Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, BU and company to share and learn best practice
- Support the implementation of design review practice in accordance with LCM project governance
- Identify and document as needed our intellectual property such as trade secrets, patents and controlled information
- Contribute to business winning technical proposals
- Compliance with the Cobham Policies, Processes and Procedures, and Company ethics
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent
Cobham Special Mission
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: