You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Manual Lathe/Machinist - Turner
Platform Resourcing Limited are a recruitment agency based in South Wales. We take the time to understand our client and candidates needs so that we are able to help those looking to hire and those looking for work to get the best fit for them.
We are currently working in partnership with a Engineering business who work many global companies to supply refurbishment and maintenance solutions. From the head quarters based in Cwmbran, they operate a workshop which is full equipped to serve their clients needs. At present due an increase in orders and new business this client is looking increase the team and employ and well experienced Manual Turner/Lathe/Machinist.
This is a full time permanent vacancy and in return you will be offered an excellent salary of benefits, pension, holidays and attendance bonus. You will also have the the chance to work with a business during this exciting time who are at the forefront of manufacturing excellence.
Candidates applying for this role must have a background in manual lathe turning and will have experience of working within a engineering or sub-contractor engineering environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The ability to produce products to the highest level with the ability to work to extremely high tolerances
- To work with engineering processes to ensure work is delivered on time, to budget and to the highest standard
- To liaise with managers, supervisors and colleagues to ensure that targets are achieved
- To be an active member within the team in the participation of continuous improvement activities
- To work unsupervised when required
- A background in engineering, re-engineering and refurbishment is essential
- This is supported by the right ambition, enthusiasm, commitment and drive towards the growth and prosperity of the business
- To be able to troubleshoot any issues or problems that they may experience
- Work to a planned preventative maintenance schedule
- Experience of CNC Machining is preferable but not essential
- Support the introduction of new machinery and products
- Work closely with all other the business departments
- To understand and work within the business Quality system
- To work within the company’s Health and Safety Policy
- To maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Must be versatile and flexible to various working hours and conditions
- General maintenance of lathes and machining centres
- The ability to work on their own initiative is extremely important
This position is commutable from:
Newport, Cwmbran, Pontypool, Ebbw Vale, Abergavenny, Tredegar, Brynmawr, Blaenavon, Crickhowell, Blackwood, Newbridge, Crumlin, Cardiff, Abertillery, Risca, Mountain Ash.
£12.48 per hour
£18.72 per hour Overtime - Weekdays and Saturdays
£24.96 per hour Overtime - Sundays
Hours of Work:
Mon - Thurs 7.30 - 4pm (half hour lunch)
Fri 7.30 - 11.30
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject. The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments.
You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please contact us on (phone number removed) before applying.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: