You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Project Engineer- Automotive Manufacturing
We currently have an exciting role for a Project Engineer to join a market-leading Automotive manufacturing business on a permanent, full-time basis.
This role is based at the company Head Office in St. Asaph, North Wales, with a competitive salary on offer and attractive benefits package.
Reporting to the Technical Manager the Project Engineer will:
- Manage all aspects of new Projects including, development and launch of the product and process use APQP and PPAP process.
- Be responsible for the on time and in budget completion of all customer deliverables for the projects.
- Monitor and continuous improvement of the project 6 months after launch date.
- Support in team Feasibility meetings and the generation of Quotes for new business
- To have measurable PIs and provide regular updates to the Technical Manager
- Provide support to other departments within the company as directed by the Technical Manager
- To create project timing plans and SWOT analysis for each project
- Utilise all APQP formats and regularly report Project Status to Management & Customers
- Work on specific Projects as directed by the Technical Manager
- Supplier / customer visits liaison for New Projects
- Prepare technical reports to customer and internal product cost breakdowns for sales
- Coordinate and control the DFMEA of new Products, as required
- Input for the generation of Cross Functional Process Flow charts, PFMEAs and Control Plans and their document control
- To provide input into the generation of Work Instructions, based on risk output from DFMEA and Special Characteristics
- To coordinate testing and Benchmark testing for New Projects
- Co-ordination of all Prototype and Production intent tooling, Inspection aids and Master samples until Production hand over
- To provide support to Production on Continuous Improvement, where required
Qualifications & Experience:
- HNC in Engineering
- Automotive Industry Experience (Desirable)
- Proven Project Management Skills
- APQP/ PPAP hands-on experience
- ISO/TS16949 IATF
- CAD systems such as Creo/Solidworks (Desirable)
Interested? Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss the role with you in more detail if your profile is suitable.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: