You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Design Manager
James York Associates are proud to be partnering an established West Yorkshire-based SME during a continued period of impressive growth.
About the Employer
The employment business boasts a superb reputation for engineering excellence amongst its blue-chip client base. They are involved in the design and manufacture of a variety of construction-related sheet metal and steel fabricated construction components and are involved in a multitude of engaging and challenging engineering projects.
The Scope of Work for the Design Manager Will Include:
- Overseeing a team of Mechanical Design Engineers and Draughtspersons and taking a technical lead on new projects, developing bespoke engineering solutions from concept;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth and efficient running of a design project from cradle to grave;
- Leading by example by maintaining a hands-on approach in the design and development of the company product range including the use of CAD;
- Running the technical aspects of a project from specification through design, development, fabrication to delivery and installation whilst maintaining strong commercial awareness;
- Signing off design work and ensuring its compliance to industry standard building regulations.
The Required Skills and Experience for the Mechanical Design Manager Include:
- Extensive past experience in a Senior Design Engineer or Design/Technical Management position in a construction or structural engineering environment;
- Extensive past design engineering experience in the fabrications or steel work industry;
- Strong CAD skills (2D and 3D) and extensive Drawing Office/Manufacturing environment experience;
- A strong and demonstrable appreciation of designing steel and fabricated products for manufacture;
- Experience of running a project from start to finish;
- Experience with one or more of the following: Steel Frames, Building Exteriors, Balustrades, Curtain Walling, Steelwork/Metalwork, Architectural Aluminium, Roofing Products/Materials, Glass/Glazing Products, General Building Services Fabrications.
If you feel your skills and experience could be a fit for the Design Manager position, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to send us your details. One of our Consultants will be in touch with you very shortly to discuss the employer and scope of work in more detail. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted. If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
James York Associates Ltd
The job: has been sent to: