You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Contract Plastics Engineer
Salary - Day rate dependant on experience
Working hours – Mon – Thu 7:45am – 4:15pm and Friday 7:45am – 1:15pm
REED Engineering are working with our client in Blackburn that expertise in the design, development and manufacture of plastic medical and surgical devices, and provides specialist knowledge in thermoplastic engineering, tubing systems, and regulatory compliance.
A time served engineer with working experience in plastics, plastics conversion, injection moulding and extrusion.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Running and development of tooling and processes for extrusion and injection moulding machinery.
• Provide first-line support to Production for process and equipment issues.
• Responsible for creating User Requirement Specifications and Functional Design Specifications for capital expenditure, business purchases, and other business needs such as tools and fixtures.
• Sourcing, procurement, and commissioning and installation and operational qualification of equipment (IQOQ and all required IQOQ outputs), tools, and fixtures, which may include FAT, SAT and DQ.
• Responsible for generating scientific protocols and reports and other quality system documentation.
• Conducting process development and validation in accordance with the requirements of Mi3 QMS and any specified customer requirements, and Health & Safety legal requirements, including full documentation of all trials and validations.
• Responsible for CSV of standalone or embedded computer systems/software, where applicable.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining documents such as work instructions, production work instructions in draft, pFMEA, risk assessments, SSOW’s (Safe Systems of Work) training, etc.
• Provide expertise to NPD and other departments as required with support for new product introductions and new technologies, sample builds and building jigs.
• Develop and validate inspection and testing techniques and equipment where required for process development and validation.
• Responsible for training departments for processes and equipment use.
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering role or setting within a regulated manufacturing company with a preference for medical devices and ISO 13845 quality management systems, however Pharmaceutical will be viewed favourably.
• Moderate to specialised experience in plastics and/or extrusion or IM processes/machinery and will have conducted several types of process development and validation and understand the dependencies in a validation project.
If you would like to know more about this position, contact Vic Clayton at REED Engineering in Manchester – (phone number removed) or email –
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: