You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Commutable from Cambridge, Stevenage, St. Neots, Bishops Stortford, Huntingdon, Newmarket
Days – Monday-Friday
Our client is a leading chemical process & packaging manufacturer. With a reputation for product quality which is second to none and industry leading standards. They are looking for a mechanically biased maintenance engineer to join their close-knit team as they continue to grow as an organisation.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Carry out mechanical maintenance & installation work on site processing equipment, plant, packaging machinery & site services
• Some basic electrical fault finding on machinery & PLC’s
• Ensure site compliance/regulations on high-pressure systems
• Working on industrial chemical processing equipment, pressure vessels, industrial mixers, conveyors, pipework, packaging machinery, labellers, fillers & cappers
• Assist in maintaining & improving the planned maintenance systems
• Mechanical fabrication & fitting, working on pneumatics, hydraulics & gearboxes
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Must have completed a time-served mechanical apprenticeship – City & Guilds Level 2 or NVQ Level 3
• Beneficial to have experience in chemical processing manufacturing
• Must be a mechanically biased maintenance engineer – minor electrical fault finding
• Exposure to heavy processing environment & industrial machinery
• Able to work in a changing environment, with a continuous improvement approach
• Ideally be aware of specialist safety aspects, such as DSEAR / ATEX and Pressure Systems
• Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems – SAP
• Ideally worked in chemical, pharmaceutical or FMCG
• Bonus to be qualified to CompEX or ATEX standards
• Excellent team player, problem solver, communicator & positive person
Multi-Skilled Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer
• Salary:- £28,000-£30,000 + Saturday Work & Overtime Available
• Shifts: - Monday-Friday Days (8am-4.30pm)
• Benefits:- Private Pension, Life Assurance, Private Medical, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Job Reference No: SE1630 / 534/615
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy –
Chris Gumm on (phone number removed) or by sending your CV directly to him at
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West & South East of England. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on (phone number removed) and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: