You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Lead Development Engineer
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Development of Products and Processes
Our client, a small Leeds based company who design and manufacture textile dyeing and testing instruments, are looking to recruit a lead development engineer due to continued growth. The position is based in offices near Leeds, working closely with the engineering team to continue the development of our range of products.
As the lead Development Engineer supported by technical & production teams, you will be responsible for:
- To be responsible for professionally and successfully developing existing products
- Design new and innovative products to aid the company to meet growth targets
- new concept generation
- specification of materials
- prototype testing & evaluation
- co-ordinating with sub-contractors
- value engineering
- producing manufacturing details
- review manufacturing processes
- undertake time & motion studies
- evaluate customer cares
- operate within budgets and programmes
- Provide quality records and certification
- Manage the implementation process and update the Management Team.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be degree educated or hold an equivalent vocational qualification in an engineering or product development subject
- Be proficient in use of 3D/CAD software (Solid Works and Autocad preferred)
- Have previous experience in Product Engineering role
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to ensure that others follow instructions and directions through clear accurate communications
- The ability to organise tasks and meet targets.
- A commitment to Health & Safety and Quality standards and their implications in the work place
- The ability to adopt and promote a Continuous Improvement program to all activities
- Full driving license
- Willingness to travel mainly within the UK and internationally when required
- Good English skills, both verbal and written.
- Opportunity to work within a small engineering company which is growing
- Work with a dedicated team of committed professionals
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days holidays plus bank holidays.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Maze 8 Power
The job: has been sent to: