You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Edge Careers' client is a UK-based family-owned building and civil engineering company.
Our client are looking for a Geotechnical engineer with UK experience to supplement their award winning Geotechnical Division. The Division supports regional sites and tender teams by providing a range of construction and contaminated land related advice.
They are looking for someone to carry out the ground engineering design for the geotechnical foundations including, sheet piles, soil stabilisation and retaining walls.
This is to work on the HS2 project which is one of the largest Civil Engineering schemes in UK.
* Provision of technical advice to regional sites relating to contaminated land and geotechnical aspects
* Support younger team members in their development
* Assist with analysis and interpretation of site data for use in design
* Producing specifications for ground investigation, piling, earthworks and monitoring etc
* Preparation of calculations, written reports and development of drawings
* Visits to site as required
* Production of engineering design solutions both at tender stage and during construction
* Site support in a geotechnical capacity
* 5 years experience of working within the design stage
* BSc or BEng degree level qualified in Geology, Geotechnics or a related subject is essential
* MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or related subjects preferable but not essential
* Chartership with a universally acknowledged institution such as the ICE
* Able to demonstrate knowledge/experience in the field of geotechnics/engineering geology, including a working knowledge of Eurocode 7
* Experience of working with geotechnical databases and other geotechnical software
* Experience of preparing and assisting with interpretative reports for geotechnical purposes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Stuart Smith at Edge Careers.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: