You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Highways Design Engineer
New, urgent requirement for a Highways Design Engineer to join a fantastic organisation in their Southampton office on an initial 6 month contract.
You will be working on a variety of projects that could include; public realm, transport and traffic, accessibility or regeneration schemes.
The role will involve:
- Leading the development and delivery of projects made up of a number of work packages, coordinate the activities of a number of engineers and other staff;
- Ensuring that all designs and engineering work is carried out in compliance with industry, customer and business standards, conventions and quality/safety requirements and legislation;
- Developing awareness of relevant current and emerging design methods/standards and evidence of the benefits they may offer to design objectives;
- Developing new solutions, and build/extend a catalogue of standard solutions to design and construction problems and challenges;
- Using all available tools to explore opportunities for innovative and sustainable solutions where appropriate;
- Ensuring that all contributions are fully carried out compliant with company health, safety and environmental requirements and policy;
- Ensuring Health and Safety risks are designed out where possible and where not possible, these risks are minimised;
- Ensuring complete and thorough communication of all risk at every stage of delivery.
- Be a skilled Highways Design Engineer, with previous experience of Highway Design in a consultancy, contractor or local authority environment.
- Have great knowledge of relevant standards and legislation e.g. DMRB
- Be a professionally trained and qualified engineer, ideally with a degree in a relevant subject;
- Be experienced in budget management, staff management etc.;
- Have demonstrable evidence of previous works
- A project management qualification would also be highly beneficial.
For more information on this or other Highways & Transportation roles, or to apply, please contact Sam Derham at Advanced Resource Managers
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: