You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Chartered Structural Engineer
You will help deliver the company’s ambitious plans to develop and grow their Building Design practice in the Midlands and across the UK. The company provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. They cover various sectors including; Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation. You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects both in the UK and abroad. As well as the role providing technical and creative challenges you will have the satisfaction of working on projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
* Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
* Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
* This should include experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices
* The ability to translate this broad range of technical skills into imaginative ideas which enhance the quality of our designs
* Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support client relationships, assist in preparing bids and generally enhance work winning capability.
* Experience of actively managing clients.
* Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes
* A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
* Experience of working with, and managing, small focused project teams.
* You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
* A curious minded individual who enjoys the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
* Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
* Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
* Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
* Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
* Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
* Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
* Be a technical champion within the team.
* Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career. The company are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: CVs in Word format preferred.
(phone number removed)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: