You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Our client is an award-winning design consultancy working across a range of sectors including educational, residential and commercial for both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join their busy and expanding team in Basingstoke.
They are looking for an Engineer who will be capable of working with minimal supervision and able to supervise and support junior members of the team.
The responsibilities of the role include:
* Working within a small team (senior engineer, graduate engineer) and providing technical design best practice;
* Assisting in coordinating projects across the Civil Engineering team;
* Being responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports;
* Approving designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures;
* Liaising effectively with clients, Local Authorities and other design team members;
* Assist in undertaking the project management and financial control of small and medium sized projects;
* Coordinating work undertaken by external sub-contractors;
* Assisting in the preparation of bids and proposals
* Assist in mentoring junior staff
* Developing business with new and existing Clients
* Happy to work in a small team, delegating and supervising work of team members and acting as a mentor for a junior member to develop their technical skills;
* Experience in liaising with clients, associated professionals and other disciplines team members on all relevant aspects of projects;
* Knowledge of highways and pavement design;
* Competent in Foul and Surface Water drainage including SuDS design;
* Competent in the use of computer modelling packages such as MicroDrainage;
* Competent in the production of specifications and technical reports and feasibility studies;
* Knowledgeable of the design and construction process, including RIBA stages.
* Sound knowledge of design standards and codes of practice such as Sewers for Adoption, SuDS Manual (C753), the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets;
* Knowledge of adoptable infrastructure design and the negotiation of Section 104, 106, 38 and 278 Agreements;
* Competent in liaising with Local Authorities and other stakeholders to obtain necessary technical approvals and consents;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Good understanding of the CDM 2015 Regulations;
* Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite of packages;
If you would like to know more about this role then please contact Dale on: (phone number removed), or apply now to (url removed) with your CV.
Strata Construction Consulting UK act as an Employment Agency who specialise in the placement of Engineers/ Surveyors/ Planners/ Project Managers. For further details please visit our website (url removed).
Some of the positions we cover: Civil Engineer/Civil Design Engineer/Infrastructure Engineers/Drainage Engineers/Design Engineers/Senior Civil Engineers/Civil Technician/Infrastructure Technician/Drainage Technician/Flood Risk Engineer/Flood Risk Technician/Bridge Engineer/Civil & Structural Engineer/Structural Engineer/Chartered Structural Design Engineer/Chartered Structural Engineer/Structural Design Engineer/Structural Technician/Revit Technician/Structural CAD Technician/Civil CAD Technician/Structural Draughtsman/Traffic Engineer/Transport Engineer/CAD Technician/Quantity Surveyor/Site Manager/Commercial Manager/Technical Co-ordinator/Technical Manager/Development Engineer/Highway Engineer/Architectural Technician/Contracts Manager/Project Manager/Estimator/Buyer/Assistant Site Manager.
We can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants however due to the sheer volume of response, we can only guarantee that candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Strata Construction Consulting UK Ltd
The job: has been sent to: