You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Welding Engineer - Automotive
Are you a welding engineer with knowledge of the automotive industry and robotic welding processes?
Do you have an advanced understanding of MIG/MAG/GMAW/TIG welding processes (theory and application) as well as the necessary equipment?
Do you have a good, working knowledge of the robotic application in welding processes used for the assembly of metal components?
Are you currently residing in the West Midlands, within commutable distance of the Cannock/Wolverhampton area?
If this sounds like you, we would be very keen to see your CV and to speak with you today.
This vacancy will be for a permanent member of staff to join a leading tier 1 automotive manufacturer based in the Cannock area of the West Midlands. The responsibilities of the role are as follows:-
* Provide direction & control of all MIG/MAG & TIG welding processes.
* Development & implementation of internal working standards, documentation & performance reports.
* Provide hands-on technical support where required to other members of associated departments.
* Assist in the development & integration of both manual & automated / robotic welding processes.
* Create plans, schedules of work & detailed work instructions for the PPM/TPM of all MIG, MAG, GMAW and TIG welding processes.
* Assess welding processes for quality, productivity, functionality & condition.
* Identify areas for improvement in terms of quality enhancement, productivity increase and reducing costs to the business.
* Support all auditing of welding processes & control.
The person taking on this role will have:-
* Advanced understanding of the MIG/MAG/GMAW/TIG welding processes & equipment.
* Good understanding of robotic application within a welding process.
* Excellent fault finding & problem solving skills.
* Excellent control & development of systems.
* Strong understanding of OEM customer specific requirements.
* Appropriate experience within an Automotive 1st tier supplier Weld Engineering role.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: