You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Service/ Engineering Manager
£50,000 - £55,000 + Car + Personal Accident and Life Assurance + Pension + Private Health care + Training + Monday to Friday + Company benefits + Professional company
Southampton (Eastleigh, Fareham, Portsmouth, Winchester, Christchurch, Wimborne, Bournemouth)
Are you a Service/ Engineering Manager looking for autonomy where you can lead a team of highly skilled engineers within a well-established company offering future progression as a Director?
On offer is a varied role where you will need strong technical ability covering hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical skills. You will lead a team of 25 highly empowered Service Engineers and need to have a strong commercial background with proven experience maintaining fixed term maintenance contracts or similar.
This is an opportunity to work with a professional and leading independent material handling equipment company which have been established since the 1980s and turnover £20 million. The company sell, hire and maintain equipment across the engineering, construction and distribution industries and have clear and well-established goals. The way they look after their employees is demonstrated by the very low staff turnover with many of the management and engineering team being with the company for over 10 to 20 years.
On offer is a position offering training and the opportunity to step up as the Senior Technical Manager with future progression as a Director where you will lead a strong engineering team implementing improvements and driving the company towards its goals and objects.
* You will have full autonomy managing a team of 25 highly empowered engineers
* Although this is a management role you will need to be a task expert with strong hydraulic, Mechanical, Pneumatic skills in order to have technical conversations with customers and engineers – training on the forklifts can be provided.
* Have commercial acumen and gravitas to negotiate and maintain fixed term maintenance contracts and similar
* Service/ Engineering Manager or Technical Manager or similar
* Proven experience communicating and managing highly skilled engineers through to customers and the management team
* Mechanical/ hydraulic knowledge (EG: Experience within the material handling,
HGV, Commercial vehicle’s, Forces background or similar)
* Previous commercial experience where you have been customer facing along with negotiating fixed term maintenance contracts or similar.
* Happy to travel across your local area – UK driving licence
Key words: Engineering Manager, Director, Technical Manager, Commercial Manager, Mechanical, Electrical, field, service, engineer, technical, mechanic, electrical, forklift, telehandler, engine truck, reach truck, power pallet, stackers, sideloads, diesel, material handlers, trainee, HGV mechanic, internal support engineer, customer service advisor, hydraulics, pneumatic, technical, field service, technician, telehandler, loaders, plant machinery, trainee, service engineer, Plant Fitter, Service Engineer, lifting equipment, hire equipment, construction, forces, Chichester, West Sussex, Portsmouth, Fareham, Southampton, Waterlooville, Worthing, Bognor Regis.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Ernest Gordon Recruitment Limited
The job: has been sent to: