You can save this job and apply at a later date.
To manage product, tooling, machine and manufacturing method development programs and introduce the resultant practices into production with use of CAD/CAM software the team, stage drawings and other quality documentation. These duties primarily associated with the manufacturing of products used within the Aerospace industry and Oil & Gas related industries but coverage may also be required in other parts of the Company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a small team of professional Manufacturing Engineers and Tool Room Operators, including the development, succession planning and performance management processes.
• Ensure the maintenance of revision control of standardised work instructions and production routes that reflect the required practices. These instructions shall include drawings at all stages of manufacture and where necessary CNC programs, MI’s, Master Routes and Dimensional and Inspection Reports.
• Oversee manufacturing engineering to support all enquiries and order entry requirements within agreed timescales.
• Lead the team that systematically evaluates standard machining and inspection processes, identifies improvements and introduces them in a controlled manner to reduce machining cycle time and improve quality.
• Manage the processes relating to machining non-conformances, ensure that the Manufacturing Engineers advise rework and address through root cause corrective action.
• Manufacturing Engineering lead for New Product Introduction (NPI) processes across Manufacturing, Logistics and Commercial functions, including estimating.
• To manage the Tool room to support the manufacturing and inspection requirements of the business.
• To lead the team for “in process” and final inspection needs as well as producing methods for the quality team to meet the First Article Inspection Report (FAIR)
• Improve output and quality by creating new or modifying current manufacturing processes and procedures
• Resolving problems, high level of responsiveness and solutions to shop floor problems
• Willingness to take on responsibility with minimum supervision
• Manage and prioritise the work load of the Tool room and Production Engineers
• Support of Senior Leadership to deliver continuous improvement for the business
• Co-ordinating with other departments for a unified approach for processing new product or improving existing products
• Project activities
• BS degree in Engineering, equivalent qualification or significant relevant experience
• Substantial industrial experience and application of CAD/CAM manufacturing (ideally EdgeCAM and Solidworks software), generation of procedures and other controlling documentation including CNC programing.
• Project Management qualification / Experience
• Demonstrable Experience of:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project and Power Point at a minimum) required to accomplish day-to-day work activities and willingness to learn additional programs.
• Knowledge of Company, products, objectives and operations.
• Quality systems and technical specifications
• Financial metrics and analytics
• Experience in cost/financial analytics along with an ability to initiate and propose cost saving projects is preferred.
• Successfully balancing multiple projects at various stages with limited supervision in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
• Working independently as well as with and through others to achieved desired results.
• Ability to analyse and resolve difficult problems effectively and timely through the implementation of long-term solutions.
• Ability to foster collaborations, inspire confidence, and motivate individuals across diverse teams in a manufacturing environment in order to meet objectives.
• Cross Cultural Agility
• Application of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing processes.
• Achievement in improving manufacturing efficiency and cost reductions.
• Ability to apply broad base technical knowledge and skills.
• Capable of ‘hands on’ broad based engineering skills.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: