You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mobile Transport Refrigeration Engineer
Full time permanent
Our Customer, founded in 1981, is at the forefront of today’s transport refrigeration service industry, they have forged longstanding ties with the Liverpool & Merseyside area.
The business has since grown to provide 24-hour service cover to the whole of the North West, Central England & North West Wales.
Due to a period of significant growth, they are seeking to appoint an experienced engineer to join their team based in the Liverpool area.
Purpose of Role:
To install, maintain and repair Carrier Transicold Refrigeration Units, and on occasion, other manufacturer's transport refrigeration equipment (diesel engine powered) on Trucks & Trailers, in line with published guidelines & legislation. Engineers will work Autonomously, in a mobile capacity.
• Installation, servicing and repair of vehicle powered (diesel engine) road transport refrigeration units
• Optimise and maintain engineer van stock to maintain and enhance service delivery to customers.
• Ensure relevant safety checks are carried out on the company van on a daily basis.
• Maintain product and customer requirements knowledge to meet ISO9002 standards at all times.
• To liaise with central control and/or the service centre with regard to job start and completion times, downtime and overtime authorisation; cost updates and customer purchase orders.
• Complete all relevant paperwork, enabling central control and invoicing to maintain a high standard of customer interface – keeping the customer informed every step of the way.
• Assist with planning of installations and undertake installations and commissioning.
• Perform other duties and projects which correspond to the general character of the position.
• Ensure adherence to company procedures in line with company policies, Health & safety procedures and ISO9002 standards.
• Apprentices and or engineers in training (EIT) may be supervised where applicable.
• Ensure customer service is a priority and conduct & corporate image (self, van, tools, spares) are first rate
You will receive:
• Flexible shift work patterns – 40 basic hours per week.
• Overtime pay – details on application.
• Full PPE
• 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Company pension.
• Company vehicle and fuel card – on completing 3 month probationary period.
• Laptop & mobile phone.
You will possess:
• Your own set of hand tools.
• Full clean UK driver’s license.
• Excellent interpersonal/customer facing skills.
• The attitude of an engineer that takes great pride in their work and workmanship.
• Great think or your feet problem solving skills.
• First class attention to detail, electrical and pipework brazing skills.
• Full F-Gas qualifications.
• Installation / Maintenance on Carrier, Hubbard, GAH, Frigoblock or similar refrigeration systems essential.
Further details available
Contact Simon Portway.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: