You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Engineering Shift Coordinator
Engineering Shift Coordinator, Hull
The Engineering Shift Coordinators will provide a key point of contact across operations to ensure engineering resource is being utilised in the relevant areas and activities are coordinated to be completed on time and to plan.
This is an exciting and ambitious time here at Jacksons, and this gives you the opportunity to contribute to our continued growth and success. You’ll make a real difference, leading and developing the asset care engineering workforce, ensuring full compliance of occupational and food safety.
* To carry out maintenance tasks to specification identified via planned or corrective task requests.
* To take an active role in focused improvement, root cause analysis and developmental projects.
* To liaise closely with the operations team to ensure that maintenance work is prioritised with production requirements.
* Challenge unsafe behaviours demonstrated by employees or contractors.
* To ensure a high standard of engineering maintenance support to production and all other functions within the business, thus ensuring a high performance of all equipment and systems.
* To use a Continuous Improvement process to develop and improve all aspects within your control.
* Routinely patrol the Bread Plants to identify issues or concerns from production supervisors and short interval control boards.
* Ensure handovers between shifts are effective and attend daily production meetings.
* Work with Zone Engineering Managers to deliver the tasks they have identified in their areas, and to be the main engineering point of contact for Shift Manager and Supervisors on shift.
Hours of Work
You will work on a 5-week rota consisting of 12 hour shifts that cover days, nights and weekends.
You will have previous practical engineering experience (electrical bias)
within a food manufacturing environment, supported by relevant qualifications. Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and being able to demonstrate their effectiveness will also be beneficial for this position alongside health and safety qualifications.
You are a practical problem solver, eager to take on new responsibilities and challenges and may be working towards professional registration.
You will have excellent people management and communication skills, an effective and collaborative leader with a strong attention to detail.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
We’ve recently built a brand-new site in Corby, Northamptonshire – one of the largest investments our Group has ever made – and this will allow us to realise our ambition of being the best at what we do.
2019 is an exciting time to join us!
Please note that we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: