You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Site Engineering Manager
My Client is looking for an Engineering Manager to work for a leading manufacturer based from their multi factory site in South Wales.
With overall responsibility managing the engineering function including both electrical and mechanical engineers, you will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance and engineering projects.
The role ensures the effective co-ordination and management of each departmental resource, ensuring these are effectively utilised to achieve agreed targets, standards and levels of performance within business constraints. Ensuring excellent collaboration and communication with operational teams to maximise operational activity.
Taking the lead in driving a culture of continuous improvement / lean you will work with the Operations Management to identify new technology and best practice to maximise the efficiency of the operation.
You will be responsible for all aspects of team, budget (both maintenance & CAPEX) and project delivery.
• To drive a ‘continuous improvement’ culture throughout your team and create an appetite for the same throughout other business functions
• Create a reliable plant & equipment lifecycle plan and support this with a structured capital investment plan
• Ability to thrive in a pressured environment, with limited direction and broad responsibilities
• Identify root cause(s) of engineering downtime and introduce effective measures such as ERD and MTBF data for analysis to eliminate/reduce
• To take responsibility for the delivery and budgetary control of capital spend on site. The commissioning and installing of new equipment in line with company budgets as well as environmental and H&S considerations
• To identify opportunities for improvement/innovation and to develop and implement action plans in conjunction with your Line Manager to maximise potential benefits of such opportunities for the business
• To align L&D activity with the needs of the business to ensure consistency, as identified through training needs analysis and a thorough understanding of the business plan
• To consistently challenge existing practices and behaviours where these deviate from the organisations existing processes and desired culture
• To be a key driver in daily operations huddle to improve performance and communication
• To undertake relevant project work as determined by the Operations Director
Qualifications and Experience
• Engineering Degree or Approved Apprenticeship.
• Minimum of 3-5 years engineering management experience in a food or fast paced industrial manufacturing business.
• Intermediate/advanced PC literate.
• Substantial lean knowledge preferably accredited!
• Multi skilled or electrically biased.
• IOSH qualified.
Competencies and Behaviours
• Motivational Leader
• Team player
• Planning & prioritising skills
• Analytical problem solver
• Effective Communication / negotiation skills
• Commercially astute
• Change Agent
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a strong developing business with great future prospects, and with the scope to get involved in challenging site expansion activities.
A great opportunity to put your mark on a business!
If you feel you have the relevant experience, personality and qualifications, please apply within or contact Gregg Telfer on (phone number removed).
**Not all applications will receive a full response. Only relevant applications will be considered for this role, therefore please review the above fully before applying**
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
D R Newitt & Associates
The job: has been sent to: