You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Principle Architect (Software) / Engineering Manager
LOCATION: HOME BASED + WOKING
PERMANENT SALARY: CIRCA £75,000 to £100,000 + EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
A world leading innovator of Renewable Energy of Power Systems and Smart Low Power Appliances are currently seeking a Principle Architect (Software) / Engineering Manager.
This is a very unique opportunity - as you go into work each morning, you will know all your efforts are helping some of the most underserved customers in the world get their first access to clean, affordable household energy. It’s such a great thing to work for a company that are genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries in Africa.
To be successful in the role you will have a proven background software engineering on medium/large scale distributed systems & service-oriented architectures.
* Reporting into the Global Director of Technology, you will be responsible for a remote team of 6 Software Engineers who are based across Europe.
* Working day-to-day on the key challenges of their platform.
* You’ll collaborate with a team of engineers, spanning all the way from cloud services to device firmware, to deliver value to their customers, ensuring their systems remain reliable, and help their systems become an engine of growth for the company.
* You will also solve interesting technical challenges (IoT at scale!)
* Professional experience with C#/.Net
* Experience with deploying/managing cloud applications at scale (Azure preferred), and with containerization.
* Experience with at least one major SQL database and one major NoSQL database, and an understanding of the trade-offs + similarities between the two paradigms. (Worked on large scale distributions systems using C#)
* Experience with distributed systems architecture, API + async messaging design, and other aspects of distributed service engineering.
* Comfort with the DevOps culture, and with the idea of being involved with the management of the systems that you build through their entire lifecycle
* Experience working in a leadership role on an engineering team
* Comfort owning large portions of work, including the design + evolution of entire services/applications
* You will be required to work out the UK office (Woking) 1-2 times per month for up to 3 day stretches, so it would be desired that you are within a reasonable commute from the office.
* 25 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays), up to 22% bonus and healthcare.
* This is a socially conscious company that looks after its staff as well as its customers.
Key Words: Developer, Engineering Manager, Senior Architect, Engineering Lead, Principle Engineer Renewable Energy, Software Engineer, C#, Software Architecture
Commutable from: Woking, London, Surrey, Hampshire, Guildford, Byfleet, Weybridge, Crawley, Basingstoke
To apply by sending your CV or feel free to contact Becca Combe on (phone number removed) informal conversation.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: