You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Engineering Manager/Chief Engineer - Food
Have you experience working within the Food Manufacturing?
Do you want to have full control of the engineering function at this market leading manufacturer, driving continuous improvement and lean ways of working as the Chief Engineer working closely with the directors?
If so we may have the ideal role for you!
As the Chief Engineer you will have full responsibility and complete control of the maintenance and engineering function of the business based at our Leicester based manufacturing facility.
We have a strong, focused large engineering team, to which we need an Chief Engineer to develop and implement new ideas to the business to support business growth.
Job title: Chief Engineer
Work Environment: Food manufacturing, clean, warm, modern purpose built manufacturing facilities
Benefits: Performance related pay, Pension to up to 7%, Private medical healthcare, Onsite free parking.
Core hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
* Food Manufacturing
* Previous experience as an Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer
The ideal Chief Engineer will have as many of the following in order to strengthen application:
* Previously worked in Food Manufacturing
* Competent at working in a strategic/management position reporting directly to the board
* Must be an influential Leader and have an understanding of the latest maintenance techniques.
* Good communication skills are essential to implement and achieve business objectives.
* An engineering qualification at degree / HND level or equivalent
* Must be PC literate.
* Competent at leading an engineering function of multi skilled engineers, working closely with Operational Management/Directors
* Establish Maintenance Engineering strategies to achieve the overall production reliability in line with the company goals, KPIs and budgetary objectives.
* Manage the reliability of the plant through the in house system ensuring improvement of equipment uptime through predictive analysis and assessment.
* Own and develop the PPM system ensuring checks and repairs are carried out on time and effectively by the shift engineers.
* Carry out Root Cause Analysis or critical plant issues suggesting engineering solutions for major downtime incidents.
* Monitor spares for critical equipment to ensure a fast response to breakdowns.
* Conduct equipment life span, obsolescence studies and develop appropriate upgrade / replacement strategies.
* Promote effective communication between internal / external teams
* Maintain a positive Health, Safety and environmental culture in all staff and contractors on site.
* Coach, mentor and support all team members to optimize their performance
* Provide appropriate training and development opportunities for the team
* Carry out performance reviews and disciplinary procedures are required
* Set and monitor objectives for the team to ensure all KPIs are met
* Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
* Further details on the role will be discussed at interview
Commutable from: Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, Corby, Burton, Derby, Melton Mowbray, Nuneaton and surrounding areas
Key words: Engineering Manager – Food, Engineering Manager, Chief Engineer, FMCG, Food, Chief Engineer - Food
If you are interested in the Chief Engineer – Food role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role. If you have any questions at all please contact Matthew Brown/Steve Brown on (phone number removed)
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: