You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Facilities Engineer Supervisor
Due to expansion our client, a market-leading engineering organisation is now recruiting for a Facilities Engineering Supervisor for the Derry area. This is a unique opportunity within a company that is expanding and can offer excellent long-term career opportunities.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Operations Project Manager, the Facilities Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the facilities and maintenance functions throughout the site.
In particular this will relate to building infrastructures and all services supporting the production and assembly of finished goods. You will be tasked with liaison of stakeholder services and statutory bodies, overseeing and planning of capital installations (both plant and machinery) and associated project management. There will be a particular emphasis on Health, Safety and Environmental legislation conformity together with a core knowledge of supporting services within the manufacturing industry including compressed air facilities, gantry cranage, gas storage, diesel storage and handling of hydraulic oils and factory fleet management.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* To maintain and repair the company buildings, equipment and infrastructure for the site.
* To be proactive with preventative maintenance measures for all supporting services.
* To project manage new and existing buildings and facilities, including liaison with external contractors.
* To deliver all Health, Safety and Environmental plans, ensuring compliance with legislation as well as business requirements.
* To participate in the preparation and forecasting of facilities budgets on a monthly and annual basis.
* To maintain/upkeep the hire and purchase of company fleets, forklifts, lorries and any other material movement devices and mechanisms.
* To participate in the recommendations for capital expenditures and to assist with the company improvements whilst ensuring adherence to Government legislation at all times.
* To carry out any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Preferably educated to degree standard in an Engineering discipline with industrial experience in a similar role. Minimum HND in a relevant discipline with related experience.
* A Health and Safety or Environmental qualification would be desirable.
* Experience of government legislation and the Health and safety at Work NI Order.
* Proven track record of project management.
* Proven track record of people management.
* Proven track record of managing contractors.
* Good computer literacy and competencies in office software systems.
* An excellent communicator who can demonstrate experience of successful project completions. This job will suit an individual who can accept a challenge, work with his/her peers to get results on time and to an agreed cost.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Good working knowledge of civil and construction regulations.
* Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
* Good working knowledge of planning/government regulations.
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
* A “Can do” attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
* Ability to work with others to meet deadlines.
* Ability to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines.
* Ability to influence at all levels.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary plus benefits and long-term career opportunities.
For more information please contact James Weaver on (url removed)
Or apply via the link below.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: