You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Engineering Manager
To be responsible and accountable for ensuring the safety, security, availability and compliance of all assets within his/her area of responsibility and the proper supervision of all works carried out by EMCOR staff and sub-contractors. This includes liaising with our client building users to anticipate, prepare for and respond to emergencies and service disruptions.
- Lead, inspire, train and develop staff to maximise their capability, effectiveness and potential.
- Ensure planned, reactive, remedial and new works are carried out safely, on time, on quality and properly recorded within the CAFM system to enable full commercial recovery and accurate performance reporting.
- Facilitate and monitor the performance of hard FM services sub-contractors to ensure that they comply with all environmental, health, safety and compliance regulations and local procedures, including fraud prevention and security.
- Control the risks to personnel, client operations and equipment by ensuring all works are carried out by suitably qualified and experienced personnel (SQEP) within the scope of an accurate and up to date method statement, task instruction and risk assessment.
- Carry out Authorised Persons duties in accordance with MoD Safety Rules and Procedures
- Monitor costs and improve productivity to maximise use of resources.
- Establish and manage an effective out of hours call out requirement utilising staff and subcontractors
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety procedures, ensuring the requirements of Health and Safety at Work and Environmental legislation are met at all times
- Support internal, customer and external audit activities to provide assurance of quality and conformance.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with building managers and staff.
- Work with customers, suppliers and staff to identify opportunities for innovation and better use of resources; develop proposals and case studies to support work-winning and continuous improvement.
- Manage the change process for all assets within their area ensuring that both Asset Register and Maintenance plans are updated to reflect changes to assets and that warranty information is captured within the CAFM system.
- Develop and maintain a list of critical spares and consumables via Failure Modes Analysis and utilisation
- Making our customers lives easier is a critical element of this role.
- Be an ambassador of the EMCOR Group (UK) plc.
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested from time-to-time by EMCOR Group (UK) plc
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive Asset Register for the buildings and systems within their area.
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive Skills Matrix for direct reports.
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive 52 week maintenance plan within the Agility CAFM system that clearly identifies all statutory and mandatory tasks and enables automated periodic reporting of compliance.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: