You can save this job and apply at a later date.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Supporting the Delivery Certification Manager in developing and leading the implementation of certification requirements including;
- Oversee the Contractor’s compliation of installation and commissioning certification to support a contract or element.
- Deliver certification instructions, through training and workshops where neccessary, to achieve consistent and standard formats for contractor certificates and packages and to support handover.
- Conduct regular surveillances on the progressive production and collation of project documentation to improve the timeliness of package submission and acceptance.
- Provide periodic updates on progress and issues related to certification of the allocated projects.
- Review certification packages for quality assurance and compliance to support the technical review by the Supervisor’s Rep.
- Overseeing the provision of red-line and as-built record drawings from the contractor and designers for inclusion into certification packages.
- Attend QFMs and Quality Meetings (as required) and ensure the Contractor holds effective Certification meetings.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
- Fostering a culture which promotes contemporaneous, right-first-time and on-time submissions of certification packages.
- The ability to operate on a multi contractual level and prioritise activities appropriate to the associated risks.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to the delivery Delivery Certification Manager as Line Manager and provides support to the Certification Engineer for Rail Systems, if required.
- Works closely with the Delivery Teams including; PMs, Field Engineering, Handover and Contractors, and supply chains where necessary.
- Liaise with the Supervisor’s Reps to determine dates in line with the accepted programme for submission of packages to enable progressive assurance.
- Infrastructure Managers and 3rd Party Asset Owners
5. Person Specification
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (preferred)
- Appropriate experience working for a Client organisation on a major multi-discipline infrastructure project in a self-certifying environment.
- Proven experience of successfully delivering certification and record packages for a Contracting Organisation on projects involving rail systems and communications.
- Ability to plan, organise and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to their successful conclusion
- Strong personality with ability to enforce certification requirements
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel for maintaining spreadsheet data.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: