You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing M&E Team. The position requires an experienced engineer with relevant design expertise in residential developments.
Experience with design projects that deliver high levels of sustainable standards and integrating low energy and renewable technologies including heat networks and CHP.
The position is client orientated and will require an enthusiastic individual with excellent presentation and communication skills. A Chartered Engineer or progression towards Chartership is encouraged, as well as continued professional and academic development. The engineer must have the ability to work as part of a collaborative team and support junior engineers.
Duties will include:
- Take a leading role in the design team and manage an interdisciplinary M&E team on a wide range of commercial, residential and education projects from £1m - £300m.
- Develop new opportunities for the M&E team within the current client base and establish new client contacts.
- Take a lead in projects to design low energy and renewable technology to meet with regulation and planning requirements.
- Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
- Take an active role in the management of the group to expand and develop new and existing business.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies.
- Professional Bodies, you are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by the Firm.
- Continuing Education, the employee will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
A competitive salary together with an excellent benefits package is offered to the successful applicant
MJ Recruitment Solutions regret that only applicants matching the vacancy criteria will be responded to.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
MJ Recruitment Solutions