You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Maintenance Engineer (FM - Mechanical and Electrical)
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Kier Workplace Services – Hinchingbrooke PFI is looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer (M&E) to be based at Hinchingbrooke Treatment Centre, Huntingdon.
Responsibilities to include:
* Work with the on-site team, including Facilities Manager, to ensure KFM Health & Safety policies are adhered to at all times both with internal staff and external subcontractors, and to ensure a positive and effective team approach when delivering the contract requirements.
* To Maintain all M&E/Building Fabric PPM & reactive activities in accordance with KFS quality management system including preparation for internal/external audits.
* Have worked with or have Knowledge of NHS HTMs.
* Checking of building assets against PPM planners and applying change/variation processes accordingly
* Carry out site/work inspections for quality and compliance
* To generate and produce extra works quotations for submission to clients in a timely manner
* Carry out reactive tasks as and when required
* Carry out electrical NICEIC obligations for the region to ensure compliance
* Attend internal/external meetings and training days
* Participate in callout rota
* Provide maintenance services for buildings, plant and services in compliance with health and safety and other regulatory
* Provide efficient, cost effective and compliant service delivery to meet business and customer satisfaction
* Ensure work is delivered in accordance with legislation, client and business expectations and professional standards
* Deliver services within professional and contractual conduct and performance
* Complete records, documentation and reports as appropriate, ensure information is submitted through appropriate channel for appropriate authorisation
* Contribute to creation and updating of the Planned Maintenance plan
* Undertake implementation of Minor Works and projects
* Provide advice on Environmental Conditions, impacts and Energy Management
* Assist in the re-engineering of business & technical processes and embrace use of new technologies.
* Participate when required in internal and external Quality/Environmental audits
* Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be required from time to time to ensure service delivery and the wider Kier business objectives.
* Work within a shift rota covering 6:30am to 3:30pm, 8am to 5pm and 11am to 8pm - Monday to Friday.
* Be prepared to work Saturdays when needed
* On call every third week (Allowance will be paid) with a maximum one hour response to Hinchingbrooke PFI.
* Provide Authorised Person Duties when needed.
* General fault finding and repair to Building Plant and Structure
* Maintain up to date records of all work carried out on plant and equipment within the site manuals both hard copy files and electronic
* Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues clients, customers and work as part of a team
* Deal courteously with clients, customers and the general public to maintain and enhance the reputation of Kier
* Continually demonstrate an understanding and commitment to customer care
* Ensure clear communication with customers, line management and office support staff
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Full driving license
* Enhanced DBS clearance
* Relevant industry qualifications
* Good communicator, verbally and written, and have a good level of computer literacy
* CSCS Card
* Working at height/IPAF/PASMA certification
* Substantial years practical experience
* Recognized apprenticeship, NVQ or equivalent training programme and/or relevant experience
* 17th Edition Qualified.
* NHS HTM Experience
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer
Let’s shape your world together
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: