You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Electrical Technician - Shifts
Are you an engineer or technician, looking for a company that empowers you and your electrical and instrumentation career? At Essity we believe every career is as unique as the individual. Our aim is to keep you inspired and engaged. We think this is essential for staying motivated, contributing to Essity's overall priorities, and being a team player. There's no success without you!
At our Mill in Trafford park, we produce 130 tons of tissue every day. That's kitchen roll & toilet paper such as Cushelle & Plenty. This site runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep up with demand. In a day we produce more than seven hundred thousand toilet rolls.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed qualified Electrical & Instrumentation Technician to work on shift (4 on, 6 off pattern), and be a valued member of the papermaking engineering team.
With a good safety focus you will be responsible for defined preventive and predictive maintenance on our paper machine. You will use your root cause analysis knowledge and condition monitoring skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues, working to KPIs that are based on 'fix-it-for-good' mentality. You will also support and coach colleagues in handling technical issues.
You will also have experience of PLC's either Siemens or Allen Bradley controlled equipment, servo invertor drives and the ability to work as part a team of and/or autonomously as required.
Training will be given by our experienced and friendly team on-site, with longer term opportunities also available to progress your career.
- Proven Electrical and Instrumentation experience in a heavy industry, manufacturing or process environment
- Completed a recognised electrical or electrical/instrument engineering apprenticeship preferably with a City & Guilds or equivalent NVQ qualification
- Proven experience in maintaining complex automated manufacturing systems and equipment.
- Excellent trouble shooting skill, able to plan and work to tight timelines while managing several tasks
- Experience in panel wiring
- Knowledge of process instrumentation
- Knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic components
- Strong communication skills
- Strong PC skills (excel, word, project)
Although not essential, the following would be desirable:
- HNC level qualification
- High Voltage experience
- Knowledge of boiler & burner systems
- Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWPS) Licence
- Papermaking experience
This permanent position, offers you a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
If you want to hear more details about this role, apply directly through our careers website and I'll get in contact with you.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: