You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Are you a driven and enthusiastic individual, a self starter who enjoys driving change and implementing new ideas?
If you thrive in a busy varied work environment then this may be the ideal role for you.
With manufacturing facilities located across the Globe we now have a vacancy for an Engineering Manager.
As the Engineering Manager, you will have full responsibility and complete control of the maintenance and engineering function of the business. You will be tasked to drive and implement change ensuring world-class manufacturing continues forward.
Benefits: Bonus, 33 days holiday, pension contributions up to 5%, private healthcare
Hours: Monday to Friday days core hours 8am-5:30pm – 42.5hr week contracted hours
Size of team: 9 engineers supported by team leaders
The ideal Engineering Manager will have as many of the following in order to strengthen application:
* Previous experience managing and leading an engineering function within a manufacturing environment
* Must be an influential Leader and have an understanding of the latest maintenance techniques.
* Good communication skills are essential to implement and achieve business objectives.
* An engineering qualification at degree / HND level or equivalent
* Must be PC literate.
* Competent at leading an engineering function of multi skilled engineers, working closely with Operational Management and Directors.
* Establish Maintenance Engineering strategies to achieve the overall production reliability in line with the company goals, KPIs and budgetary objectives.
* Management of all Capital Projects from conception to completion
* Environmental control – responsible dealing with local authorities on environmental and planning issues
* Manage the reliability of the plant through the in house system ensuring improvement of equipment uptime through predictive analysis and assessment.
* Own and develop the PPM system ensuring checks and repairs are carried out on time and effectively by the shift engineers.
* Carry out Root Cause Analysis or critical plant issues suggesting engineering solutions for major downtime incidents.
* Monitor spares for critical equipment to ensure a fast response to breakdowns.
* Conduct equipment life span, obsolescence studies and develop appropriate upgrade / replacement strategies.
* Promote effective communication between internal / external teams
* Maintain a positive Health, Safety and environmental culture in all staff and contractors on site.
* Coach, mentor and support all team members to optimize their performance
* Provide appropriate training and development opportunities for the team
* Carry out performance reviews and disciplinary procedures are required
* Set and monitor objectives for the team to ensure all KPIs are met
* Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
* Further details on the role will be discussed at interview
Key words: Engineering Manager, Site Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, Chief Engineer
Location: Commutable from Derby, Ashbourne, Burton, Alfreton, Uttoxeter, Leek and surrounding areas
If you are interested in the Engineering Manager role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role. If you have any questions at all please contact Matthew Brown/Steve Brown on (phone number removed)
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: