You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Process and Controls Engineering Manager
Based in Rushden, Northants, we are a leading edge engineering SME specialising in the manufacture of materials processing equipment and energy from waste power generation. As a highly innovative and progressive design and manufacturing company, we have our own in-house manufacturing facility and our own energy from waste and renewable energy power plant.
Founded over 35 years ago and still privately owned, our engineering innovation has always been a fundamental part of our business. This has helped us to establish ourselves as a major player in our key areas of expertise, namely:
- Design and manufacture of equipment for the food and rendering industry
- Processing waste into energy
- Renewable energy production
The company is now launching an exciting program of new projects and initiatives in 2019 for advanced engineering solutions which will take the company into cutting edge technologies over the next five years and beyond.
The Role – Process and Controls Engineering Manager
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for leading a small team of engineers providing technical advice and guidance, designing controls and process circuits and undertaking modifications and installations of control systems for internal projects and client orders.
Ideally you will have a background in either Process or Controls engineering, with excellent project management and leadership skills.
- You will be overseeing the day-to-day activities and management of a small team of controls and process engineers, and you will be required to have a good understanding of process engineering across a broad range of sectors.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC/HMI design, installation and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Wonderware Intouch SCADA
- Undertake safety reviews and HAZOPs.
- Liaise closely with the Electrical and Mechanical engineering departments.
- Producing Functional Design Specifications and other related documentation to accompany each project.
- Carry out and manage projects and modifications from concept to completion
- Specification of electrical control, process instrumentation components, producing bills of materials and project schedules.
- Management of personal and projects to budgets, timescales and deadlines.
Skills, Education, Experience
- Preferably, educated to degree level in Process engineering or Electrical or Control systems. Consideration will be given to candidates with other qualifications who can demonstrate extensive relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in areas such as PLC Controls, software programming and Process Engineering.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards, CE Marking process and the Machinery Directive.
- Customer focused with good communication skills both verbally and written.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: