You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Assistant Engineering Manager
This is a key post which reports to the Engineering Manager. We are looking for a well motivated individual who can demonstrate first class management skills and be able to work effectively under pressure.
The principle duties of the post are:
• Effective supervision of a fully skilled team of engineers.
• Safety, monitoring of performance, maintenance of standards and discipline of staff.
• Ensure maximum availability of vehicles and reducing mechanical lost mileage to the absolute minimum.
• Responsibility for the 24 hour sheets, issuing worksheets to staff and ensuring that necessary repairs, adjustments or attention to vehicles is carried out in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Ensure that any outstanding work is carried forward on the 24 hour sheet.
• Deal with road calls and requests to cover any emergency that may arise.
• Deal with telephone calls and other communications.
• Liaise with the Operating Manager and Traffic Controllers.
• Responsibility for security of premises, stores and health and safety of staff on the premises.
You will also be required to undertake the tasks of the staff you supervise.
NVQ level 3 or equivalent would be desirable for this role.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
James Lewis Recruitment
The job: has been sent to: