You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Fire Engineer - Belfast
JOB TITLE Fire Engineer
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT Full Time, Permanent
HOURS 37.5 hrs/week
SALARY RANGE Commensurate with experience
Due to an increasing workload, RPS is seeking to recruit a Fire Engineer to join our Structures and Fire Team in Belfast. The post will be based in our Belfast office but duties may require travelling throughout the UK and Ireland.
The Fire Engineering Sector within RPS has been responsible for some of the UK and Ireland’s most prestigious buildings including most recently the iconic £97M Titanic Belfast building. We are engaged on many exciting schemes both within the Private and Public Sector and can offer a diverse range of interesting projects for the successful candidate.
- Suitable relevant experience in a Fire Engineering consultancy would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience in developing fire strategies for complex buildings would be an advantage
- A sound knowledge of UK and ROI design codes
- Experience in computational modelling of fire growth and smoke movement would be beneficial
- An interest in working with a diverse range of UK and International clients
- A full driving licence
- MSc in Fire Safety Engineering or equivalent degree
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and/or supervise projects
- Preparation of technical and/or progress reports
- Attendance at Client/Design Team Meetings
- Preparation of presentations
- Management of Financial Budgets of job tasks
- Adherence to RPS’s QA procedures
- Attendance at formal/informal training courses to maintain competency
- Compliance with computer procedures and controls
- Compliance with CPD requirements of relevant institutions
- Working as part of a Team or individually (with supervision)
- Supporting senior staff in business development activities
In return, RPS offers an attractive remuneration package and full support in further training.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
Our Northern Ireland Office, situated in Belfast, employs over 200 staff and has been providing services to the UK and ROI for the past 70 years. We offer a wide range of opportunities, in a dynamic work place, where achievements are rewarded and progress encouraged. As one of Ireland’s leading multidisciplinary consultancies, we are working on many high profile Planning, Engineering, Water, Waste, Transport, Project Management and Environment projects and require innovative and motivated staff.
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS's business, key responsibilities may evolve and change over time.
RPS is an Equal Opportunities employer. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.