Mechanical Draughtsman - Electro-Mechanical Machines
Competitive Salary, Pension, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance and more
Key Skills: Mechanical Draughtsman, CAD Models, Solidworks, Inventor, Sheet Metal, CNC Turned Parts, Diecast Parts
This successful engineering company designs and manufactures state of the art electro-mechanical automation and robotics systems and are experiencing rapid and sustained business growth globally.
As Mechanical Draughtsman you will play a key role in;
- Creating CAD models, assemblies and drawings for Design Engineers.
- Thorough checking of CAD data before it is released.
- Supporting the mechanical CAD/PDM systems
- Supporting and promoting the security and integrity of mechanical CAD data.
You should have a good mix of the following skills and experience;
- A thorough understanding of BS 8888 and its practical application.
- An understanding of GD&T is desirable although not essential.
- SolidWorks experience in a product development environment. (Inventor experience may be considered)
- Familiar with using a PDM system, preferably SolidWorks PDM or SolidWorks Workgroup PDM.
- A proven track record in the design of components and assemblies that have gone into production.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practices.