You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Product Engineer / Product Development Engineer
Job Title: Product Engineer - Design to Value
Location: Cheltenham (will be required to travel)
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 25th January 2019
ADEY Innovation Limited is a multi-award-winning UK company, including winners of three prestigious Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in Innovation and numerous heating industry accolades.
As Europe’s largest water treatment manufacturer it is our mission to work towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected and maintained thus eliminating the headache of system breakdowns for everyone. ADEY’s best practice approach is being adopted by installers and heating engineers around the world. At the forefront of pioneering technology, we provide innovative products and chemical solutions for all types of commercial and domestic buildings in the UK, France, the DACH region, Norway, North America, Canada and China. Growing UK and international markets is part of their growth strategy.
ADEY’s industry leading approach to system maintenance best practice is supported by a comprehensive range of magnetic filters and water treatment premium chemicals, UKAS accredited laboratory and water testing services. Our best-selling range of MagnaClean filters have been installed in more than four million UK homes alone to date. This is supported by our own range of premium quality chemicals.
Purpose of the Role:
We are searching for two competent, experienced and dynamic Product Engineers to join our Operations team focused on Design to Value of our product and solutions offerings.
In our growing, competitive environment of water treatment, our ability to deliver high quality outputs in both products and services is integral to our continued business success. Our focus on the Design to Value element of our business supports our Quality approach and our focus on continuous improvement of product and efficiencies.
With your combined knowledge of design, engineering and manufacturing processes, you will drive the creation of efficiencies and increase the value proposition of our existing product portfolio.
- Establish, monitor and maintain Value Engineering (VE) objectives and progress in deployment of your VE projects. Own the process, implementation, methods and tools for improvement of product and solution costs, without compromising Quality standards.
- Drive the profitability of the current product offerings through VE activities across cross-functional teams. Generate insights and opportunities through idea creation, teardowns, clean sheets and other analysis methods.
- Work with Product Management and R&D to identify the need for and develop design research approaches towards ‘critical to quality’ attributes from a customer perspective.
- Champion cost competitiveness initiatives and develop a common high standard for sustainable product cost reduction across the business.
- Ensure efficient and effective communication with all relevant stakeholders of progress and actions to remove any obstacles to fulfil objectives.
- Analysis of product costs, comparable product comparisons (benchmarking & teardown).
Skills and Experience:
- 5-10+ years product engineering design experience.
- Apprentice trained/ HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Full understanding of available manufacturing methods (Injection moldings, investment and die casting, precision machining and fabrication).
- Be proficient in the use of Solidworks 3D CAD software.
- Experience in Engineering Change Request process.
- Ability to create technical drawings.
- Networking capabilities
The following would be beneficial but is not essential:
- Practical experience in component manufacturing/modification.
- Ability to write and carry out development test plans in order to validate designs.
- Experience in another inter related discipline
- Understand commodity part manufacturing & component cost estimating.
- Capability to apply value analysis / value engineering
- Ability to understand key economic influences in the supply chain and evaluate risks in the Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Project management experience
- Familiar with FEA software.
- Ability to design production machines/fixtures to aid assembly of products.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if we receive a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications, it’s not always is possible to reply personally, with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard something within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Product Development Technician, Product Engineer, Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Electronic Engineer, HND, Product Design, IT, Analysis Techniques, Statistical Analysis, Engineering, Production Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: