You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Maintenance Engineer (Multi Skilled)
Outskirts of Lincoln, circa £36,000
4 on 4 off - Nights
Working as part of the team, the successful Maintenance Engineer will ensure that all breakdowns are responded to and repaired efficiently and cost-effectively.
* Work with the engineering team to test, install and commission new equipment.
* Respond promptly to breakdowns and give feedback to production regarding expected downtime and planned corrective action.
* Conduct planned preventative maintenance and other equipment servicing as directed by the Engineering Manager.
* Work closely with the fellow engineers and the production team to develop a dynamic and positive attitude to the challenges of a busy production department.
* Focus on the key performance indicators (KPIs) identified by the Engineering Manager, and work towards achieving and surpassing agreed targets.
* Provide advice, training and recommendations to the production team regarding improvements to the process to maximise machine productivity and minimise down-time.
* Ensure that all necessary documentation is up to date.
* Identify areas of inefficiency and waste. In agreement with the Engineering Manager, implement and review the agreed changes.
* Conduct risk assessments in the department.
* Ensure site is 'audit-ready' in regards to site hygiene, health & safety, and document control.
The successful Maintenance Engineer may be expected to complete training in the following areas. The requirements will be dependent on the jobholder’s previous experience, knowledge, qualifications, and the demands of the specific activities.
* Health & Safety
* Manual handling
* Safe systems of work
* Food handling/hygiene
* IT Literacy
Applicants for this position must be multi-skilled ideally City & Guilds BTEC Level 3 or above in Electrical / Mechanical engineering. A recognised apprenticeship within a manufacturing environment would be extremely advantageous. All applicants must be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. A minimum of 3 years experience of working within an automated production facility is preferred for this position, whilst experience of working in the food / FMCG would be advantageous.
The production process requires manual handling and working in confined spaces.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Future Prospects Group Ltd
The job: has been sent to: