You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Design Engineer
We are working with a family owned UK manufacturer of lifting equipment which boast their own purpose-built premises housing a manufacturing and assembly plant. They carry out all the functions of a fully integrated company with design, manufacturing, quality control, aftersales support and nationwide service operation.
Due to a number of significant contracts that our client has recently won, they are looking to hire experienced mechanical design engineers to join their established design department in Chesterfield.
Specialising in the design and manufacture of products and systems to support the nuclear decommissioning and new build sectors. The ideal candidate will work within a specialist team and support a wide variety of unique and high-quality projects.
• Assist with, and take charge of, the delivery of small-to-medium sized projects (<£1m).
• Produce innovative design solutions to meet customer requirements.
• Develop designs using Autodesk Inventor and produce drawings suitable for manufacture, including machining and fabrication drawings.
• Carry out stress analysis including hand calculations.
• Fully cost designs and produce a bill of materials.
• Offer project support in terms of collating and presenting documentation.
• Produce system layouts and module assemblies.
• Produce operation and service manuals.
• Formal Mechanical Engineering qualification to degree level.
• Good working knowledge of 3D CAD packages – ideally Autodesk Inventor 2015 or later.
• A minimum of five years’ relevant industrial experience is essential.
• Project management experience is highly beneficial for this role.
• An interest and knowledge of machinery and fabrication design.
• Ideally experience with the nuclear industry (or similar high-level industry).
• A basic understanding of the design of electrical control circuits would be an advantage.
• Preferably some experience with Mathcad for presentation of hand calculations.
• Fully proficient in Microsoft Office.
• A full driving licence that permits you to drive in the UK
What is on offer?
The salary on offer is in the region of £35k plus a company bonus, company pension scheme and opportunities for personal development.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: