You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Shift Technician, Mechanical Testing
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Shift Technician, Mechanical Testing – Test House
Salary: Competitive + shift allowance and an excellent benefits package
Location: DE56 4AN, Derbyshire
We are looking to recruit a Shift Mechanical Testing Technician to our state of the art facility at Hazelwood, Derbyshire to deliver safe, timely, cost effective, and quality testing.
The European Test Facility develops and tests additives for fuels and lubricants for the Automotive Industry. Heavy Duty and Passenger Car engines are tested, and transmissions and bespoke test rigs are run to determine the performance and durability of these additive packages.
The successful candidate will be responsible for …
- Conducting and monitoring Fired and/or Driveline and Industrial tests using complex control systems to check and analyse data and adjust test operating parameters as necessary
- Building, installing, de-rigging and strip tests.
- Building and installing test units for field tests and strip installations as required.
- Initiating minor and major repairs to test installations.
- Interpreting technical drawings and manuals as required.
- Being an active participant in coordinator role and / or deputise for Supervisor as required.
- Suggesting any improvements and the implementation of these with a proactive and creative approach.
- Adhering and promoting compliance with company HS&E policies, practices and procedures and suggest areas for improvement.
- Interacting appropriately with work group, Engineers and Customers.
In return we’ll give you …
- The support to develop your own skills and progress your career as part of a global organisation
- The opportunity to work with teams of highly skilled technicians and specialist engineers in our state of the art facilities
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus, pension scheme, and private medical cover
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here…
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: