You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Structural Design Engineer
Structural Design Engineer
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic & highly motivated, structural design engineer with experience in heavy industrial applications.
As a member of the engineering team, the role will be based in UK Stockton office with primary focus on the design & engineering coordination of large structures within the Iron & Steel industries. Whilst experience within this field would be a distinct advantage, consideration will be given to candidates with exceptional skillsets from other relevant sectors.
You will have excellent communication skills & be able to work effectively in a team environment or independently as required. As such, you will be self-starting with a calm but reliable approach when working under pressure. The company is in the midst of an exciting transformation programme which will benefit candidates that can be flexible, resourceful & adaptable to change.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce, monitor and/or check technically compliant and cost effective structural design documentation such as engineering drawings, specifications, schedules, calculations & manuals meet project requirements and company operating procedures / statutory obligations
- Work with the project engineer as the structural technical focus for a specific portion of a project ensuring a successful and commercially viable contract execution. This would include monitoring and reporting budgets, progress, KPI's and change management
- Ensure team members comply with the company operating procedures, particularly with regards statutory obligations
- Participate in project Design & Safety Reviews, Risk Assessments etc
- Report to Project Engineer and/or Engineering Manager on all matters relating to the project.
- Co-ordination / liaison / Monitor Third Party design / detail output to ensure project and statutory requirements are met
- When required ensure that structures are manufactured, tested, installed and commissioned in accordance with the design / operational requirements
- Assist in the preparation of engineering manhour and/or merchant account budgets for the pre-project bids ensuring budgets are at a suitable level to obtain new business whilst still being sufficient to allow successful project execution
- Develop , maintain and cultivate relationships with Clients, Suppliers, Sub Contractors to ensure successful execution of projects as well as future business
- Experience in the design of steelwork using computerised software such as STAAD PRO would be an advantage
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Project engineering/management and the project lifecycle from sales through to installation/commissioning
- Team management/participation both office based and site based during project execution. Must be able to solve problems quickly and positively. Take an active part in the decision making of the engineering team
- Substantial design civil & structural experience and knowledge of relevant technology areas.
- Significant experience of function within large projects including installation and start-up/commissioning
- Ability to be able to communicate on both Technical and non-Technical issues.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation / requirements
- Understanding of Project Management, Planning, Procurement, Sales and R&D disciplines.
- IT literate with all department and business system/design tools
- Large Project execution as well as good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation within this discipline
- Managing budgets
- HND/Degree preferred but higher levels of experience without these will be viewed positively
- Significant exposure to different cultures from around the world leading to sensitivity towards those differing cultures
- Metals industry applications; Lead engineering roles previously held
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: