You can save this job and apply at a later date.
An opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the Manufacturing Engineering Team at GKN Aerospace, Kings Norton.
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team you will be reporting to the Lead Manufacturing Engineer and your role will be to support the day to day Operations Team within the Value stream. Your focus will be within the BRG/Loco division of the facility, where you will focus your time within bullet resistant glass.
This vacancy is a minimum 6 month assignment to cover maternity leave, with the possibility of extension.
- Provide day to day support to manufacturing operations.
- Undertake Standard Work implementation for Manufacturing Instructions.
- Focus on process robustness through the use of process control measures (SPC / Cpk).
- Lead structured problem solving projects linked to day-day manufacturing issues, tackling scrap reduction across the value stream.
- Take responsibility for updating manufacturing documentation to maintain configuration control and manage Point of Introduction activities.
- Provide Concessions / MRB (Material Review Board) support to steady state programs and lead improvements that arise from ENRFT and RCCA’s.
- Ensure process compliance with any productivity improvements within the value stream.
- Management of small capital and tooling projects within the value stream.
- Support continuous improvement activities across the site.
- Participate in risk assessments within the value stream and support actions that arise.
What we will be looking for in you:
- CAD and CATIA skills
- Relevant experience (+2 year) in a manufacturing engineering environment, preferably with a process control awareness.
- Demonstrable experience of practical problem solving techniques eg. 5 why’s, 8D, DMAIC.
- The ability to communicate and lead effectively at all levels within an organisation and be flexible in your approach.
- Multi-tasking and dynamic capacity.
- I.T. literate and ability to use Microsoft™ Excel for data analysis and other Office™ suite tools for reporting purposes.
- A degree in a relevant science or engineering subject, preferably aerospace.
- Experience of concessions / MRB and in providing frontline support to manufacturing operations.
- Experience working with customer specifications and standards.
- Additional experience in the application of lean tools in a production environment.
- Experience within glass processing and / or laminating industry.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: